The PTSU is for parents, teacher, students, and community members. The group invites everyone, and allows all voices to be heard in order to provide the best education and environment for students. PTSU also plans fundraisers and events for Muslims to come together and have fun.
The objectives of the Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnnah Parents Teachers Students United (PTSU) are to:
- Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
- Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Madrastu Ahlis Sunnah
- Expand technology and supplement equipment and supplies.
- Increase student safety and security.
- Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
- Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
- Consult with school administration on the needs of the student body, providing much appreciated feedback, recruiting and coordinating volunteers, providing special recognition and activities, organizing and planning events and much more.
PTSU needs your unique talents, whether it’s volunteering a few hours a month or a few hours a year, serving on the board, or attending meetings. Come join us!
Email us at email@example.com to find out how you can help.
PTSU Titled Members
|Sr. Lynn Kelly||President||Educator 25+ years. Currently in Public School formally with Madrasatu Ahlus Sunnah. Parent of a student and 3 graduates from Madrasatu Ahlus Sunnah.|
|Br. Dawud Farooq||Brothers Liaison to the President||20+ Years Employee/volunteer of Madrasatu Ahlis Sunnah and Islamic Center of America and Entrepreneur. Director of Feed the Hungry Program at ICOA. Parent of 3 students at Madrasatu Ahus Sunnah.|
|Sr Zaynab Abdullah||Activity Coordinator||Teachers Aid and Graduate of Madrasatu Ahlus Sunnah.|
|Sr Jenna Muid||Activity Coordinator||Parent of 2 Students at Madrasatu Ahlus Sunnah.|
|The PTSU DOES||The PTSU does NOT|
|Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school||Run the school|
|Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school||Force parents to participate in PTSU and/or school activities|
|Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs||Set policy regarding school programs|
|Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum||Define the school’s curriculum|
|Encourage/fund the increased exposure of students to technology||Dictate the technology platforms and/or software used by the school|
|Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues||Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies|
|Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget||Control the school’s budget|
|Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism||Set the educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors|
|Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTSU functions and assist with school programs||Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees|
|Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools||Endorse a particular political candidate or commercial concern|
|A LOT ! ! !||DO EVERYTHING ! ! !|